For more tasty food videos subscribe to our channel @ https://bit.ly/SubscribeToCookd
Ghee Pongal is a popular South Indian breakfast recipe, it is easy to cook and provides the needed energy for the entire day. In this, we will see how to cook ghee pongal using pressure cooker
#GheePongalRecipe #PressureCookerGheePongal #CookingWithCookd
Please do share your feedback after trying our recipe in the comment box.
Ghee Pongal Recipe:
Raw Rice – 1 Cup
Moong Dal – ½ Cup
Water – 4 Cups
Ghee – 1 tsp
Ginger (finely chopped) – ½ inch
Asafoetida – 1 pinch
Salt – To Taste
Ghee – 5 tbsp
Black Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 10 nos
Asafoetida – 2 pinch
Cashew – 15 nos
1. Dry Roast the Moong Dal in a pan until aromatic.
2. Wash the Rice and Moondal, drain and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of Ghee, add the peppercorns and allow
it to splutter.
4. Add the Asafoetida, curry leaves and cashews. Once the cashews turn golden brown, add the cumin seeds and remove from the heat. Set this aside.
5. In a pressure cooker, add 1 tsp of ghee and saute the ginger and asafoetida.
6. Add 4 cups of water, bring water to a boil. Add salt to taste.
7. Add the drained rice and dal.
8. Pressure Cook for 4 whistles.
9. Once the pressure settles, open the pressure cooker, add the tempering ingredients, 2 tbsp of ghee and mix well. The rice and dal have to be in a mashed consistency. Keep mixing until the rice and dal are mashed.
Download the Cookd app fro free at https://app.cookdtv.com/yv. With our easy to use Meal Planner, no more last minute confusions! Plan ahead what you want to cook easily.
Our Curated List of products for your home kitchen – https://www.amazon.in/shop/cookd
Like our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/CookdTV/
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/cookdtv/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/CookdRecipes