Saoji Chicken Curry Recipe | Nagpur Special Saoji Chicken Curry | How To Make Saoji Chicken | Nagpuri Saoji Chicken Curry | Spicy Saoji Chicken Recipe | Chicken Rassa | Saoji Chicken Recipe | Saoji Masala Recipe | Saoji Chicken | Chicken Gravy
Ingredients for Saoji Chicken Curry:
Chicken – 1 kg (curry cut with bones)
– Bay leaf-2
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Red Chili Powder- 3 tsp
– Saoji Masala powder- 7 tbsp (Saoji Masala Recipe link – https://youtu.be/rcI61oXMig0)
Fried Onion-coriander paste:
– Fried onions – 10 tbsp (from 250 gms net sliced onions)
– Coriander leaves with stems- 3 tbsp (9 gms)
– Ginger garlic paste- 4 tsp
– Salt- 2 tsp+ pinch
– Refined oil – 5-6 tbsp
Slice the onions and fry in hot oil till golden. Remove and allow to cool.
Add it to a grinder along with the chopped coriander leaves & stems. Blend it smooth after adding 2-3 tbsp water.
– Heat oil in a curry pan and add the bay leaves. Give a stir and add the chicken pieces.
– Mix and fry on high heat for 4-5 mins till the pieces turn white/brown.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste, mix and keep frying for 2-3 mins on medium heat till the raw smell is gone.
– Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and 2 tsp salt, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
– Add the Fried Onion- Coriander leaves paste, give a mix and fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
– Now add the Saoji Masala powder and a pinch of salt and give a mix.
– Mix and fry on medium low/low heat for around 5 mins till the masala is fried well and oil separates.
– Add 450- 500 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for around 12 mins till chicken is tender and oil separates.
– Serve with plain white rice or roti.
#saojichickencurry #nagpursaojichicken #saojichickenrecipe #spicychickencurry #chickenrassa #saojichickenmasala #chickengravy #spiceeats #spiceeatschicken #spiceeatsrecipes
1917,Spice Eats, Spice Eats